Job Title: Veterinary Assistant
Starting Salary: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time
Do you love helping people? Do you love animals? Do you want to be a part of a growing company and help shape our future? We want to hear from veterinary professionals who are eager to help patients and their owners!
Access Veterinary Care is an urgent care veterinary clinic that focuses on providing affordable, accessible care for families in Minnesota. Through community medicine that prioritizes quality, efficiency, and flexible care options, we believe that we can help reduce the burden of medical care and help keep animals with their families.
We would love to hear from veterinary assistants who are excited about the opportunity to help us build a strong team that is dedicated to our mission. Our staff love the fast-paced environment, varied responsibilities, leadership opportunities, client engagement and ability to make a difference in the lives of their neighbors.
- Restrain dogs, cats and exotic pets for examinations
- Perform basic treatments and medications under supervision of Veterinarian
- Assist Certified Veterinary Technicians and Veterinarians with procedures as directed
- Extensive communication with pet owners, such as taking patient histories, reviewing treatment plans, discussing estimates, and visit wrap-ups.
- Assist Certified Veterinary Technicians with laboratory diagnostics as directed
- Maintain a clean environment between patients, including cleaning equipment, exam rooms, treatment area, kennels, runs and instruments
- Other duties as assigned
- Engaged team player
- Actively engaged in learning new skills
- Able to think on feet and problem solve
- A commitment to low-stress animal handling.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with clients and fellow employees
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Bi- or Multi-lingual (English/Spanish preferred)
- Animal handling experience
We are fully functioning on a curbside care basis. All staff and clients wear face masks. Clients are only able to come into the vestibule with a mask.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.