Associate Veterinarian – Urgent Care
Full-time and part-time opportunities available
A recent study stated that 75 million pets will not be able to access veterinary care by the year 2030. We are trying to change that! If you are someone that wants to feel good at the end of each day, not just about the medicine you provided but for all the families that you helped, we want to talk to you!
Access Veterinary Care opened in 2018 with the mission to increase access to veterinary care, using a new-to-industry care delivery model and an open heart to reach more families. Our goal is to provide exceptional veterinary care in an approachable, affordable, accessible way. WE ARE PROUD TO REFLECT OUR COMMUNITY AND SERVE OUR NEIGHBORS! We are the only full-dedicated urgent care center in the area. This allows our staff to work a variety of cases and consistently expand their knowledge and skill-set. Case collaboration is encouraged and celebrated.
We have a strong support staff to doctor ratio. Our support staff are highly skilled and constantly learning new skills, allowing for high utilization so our DVMs can focus on DVM-level tasks. This “team sport” approach allows us to support one another to the finish line!
We provide services seven days/week between urgent care, scheduled surgeries and dedicated preventative care days. Our DVMs work roughly 1 out of 3 weekends, with flexibility to swap shifts with teammates to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Weekly schedule will be a mix of surgery & urgent care shifts, so only a few evenings will be needed per week.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Provide a positive client experience
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of animal cases
- Perform small animal surgeries with opportunities for mentorship if desired
- Maintain a positive, supportive and collaborative work environment
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Provide leadership in the development or review of medical policies and protocols
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program is required
- Three years professional experience, or an internship in urgent/emergency medicine
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of Minnesota
- Urgent care shifts are 10:45am-9:15pm, so must be able to work evenings
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and continuous learning
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Positive team player who motivates staff with encouragement
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
What’s In It For You
- Competitive base salary
- Signing bonus eligibility
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance allowance
- Dental, Vision, and LT Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- CE stipend
- Professional development subscriptions
- Membership dues coverage
- 4-day work week
TO APPLY: Send an email with resume and cover letter to Gregory Frahm-Gilles, Director of Business Operations. email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.