The reality is that it’s an especially challenging environment for veterinary clinics, and small businesses in general. We’ve had to implement changes in pricing for a variety of different reasons. Since transparency has always been one of our priorities, we think you should know why:
- Over the past couple of years, the type of medical concerns being brought to us has shifted. We’re seeing much more intense medical cases with a higher volume of emergencies. These pets require active involvement from a lot of staff members. To ensure that Access Veterinary Care continues to provide amazing care, we have had to increase our staffing to see the same number of pets.
- The labor shortage within the veterinary industry has caused a general wage increase – and we agree that our hard-working team deserves it.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has lasted longer than expected. The initial sacrifices and short-term “band-aids” implemented in the early days of the pandemic are no longer sustainable.
- There continues to be price increases in various supplies and materials, which are partially related to supply chain issues worldwide.
- This is all in addition to the general increases in cost-of-living.
Access Veterinary Care will continue to be mindful of each family’s means, by asking about their budget during their visit. Our continued goal is to keep our costs as low as we can, so that we can help as many families as we can, now and into the future!